Tsuris and tantrums

Not for the weak hearted/ homophobic/ignorant/no-to-premaritial sex preachers/ propaganda R18 for language, oh grow up already. The blog owner will not be responsible for mind fucking you, in most cases the reader already is.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Do not drink and blog?

Writing is best enjoyable (to both reader and writer) in a state of intoxication, emo-ness or plain lunacy me thinks. Today and every other day probably satisfies 2/3, some days in different combinations :)

Clubbing in a foreign land is scary. Unless you have a bunch of good friends around. I strongly advise against that. Currently I've only able to check Indonesia and Cambodia off the list. Cambo was fun. Liquor was bad-ass. And the company was a riot.

Now Indo is different.
No trance clubs or anything like that. It began with a Foxy Lady. A strange contraption. I swear I was sweating my pants just hearing what it was. Beer mixed with something, tequila and sambuca flamed and poured down a slide like contraption while you sucked the contents through a straw.

Prior to that I had the honour of going to Jiffest watching somewhat a weird uncensored yet sensored version of Babel. I kind of got it yet not get the movie. Anyway yay to freebies. Nachos, salty popcorn (I would have preferred sweet but its free just eat lah), pizza bread and a drink. Man did they try to stuff us.

I'm not going to review Babel. 2 highlights - Brad Pitt, even though he looked a tad too old. No nekidd scenes of him. The other one was the very very very very very cute Japanese boys featured in the movie. At the end of the movie I told Mandy who's in the feature film industry. If you're ever in Japan, please please please take me with you. Because the best looking boys are always on screen. They're never that hot off-screen. :P

Saw quite a number of local stars - the priviledge club or something atas that they call themselves. I mean, smart people never call themselves smart. So how do you actually qualify for something like that. I saw Nicholas Saputra from a distance. Man that guy has one fine ass. Ok enough. Its been sometime since I got any. Oh behave now ....

After Jiffest we re-grouped at Menteng for some supper where the hungry ones ate and I just stared at them eating. Half wanting to eat yet turned off by the greasy food. Also, scared of the effects of Foxy Lady and greasy food - Pukefest, so un-glam, so no thank you. Wad I did crave for was for a bit of bubur ayam (chicken porridge) which I managed to convince myself that I could do without. Good on me!

Post Foxy Lady was ok. There was the Raggae room at BB's which almost knocked me out. The room smelling like weed was really overpowering. I thought I was going to get fumigated on the spot dying with the rest of the cockroaches, ants, flies and mosquitoes. *Small breaths," I told myself. And it worked, I had saved myself from puking my guts out once again.

And so I danced on the spot, wishing a certain person was there where I could absorb his presence, smells and trace the outline of his neck with my nose while he held me. That would have been perfect. Soon after, I caved in and called him. After the live raggae set, we went up to the old rock room where they played ... you've guessed it : Old rock. I know its old because I couldn't recognise ANY of the songs and Rey was almost singing to it. BTW, Rey has the most ancient of music tastes. Needed another drink so I had a tequila sunrise.

I'm still alive and kicking, breathing and blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home